- What is the difference between translation and interpretation? Translation is the presentation of a message from one language (source language) to another (target language) in written form. Interpretation is the presentation of a spoken message from one language to another.
- Why do I need to provide language access to patients, clients, etc? Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin by any recipient of federal funding. This includes providing language access to individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEPs). Communication in a common language also allows you to work more efficiently and avoid errors that could damage your relationship with clients, employers and colleagues.
- What languages does Accessible Translations handle? We currently provide a wide array of languages. Please visit our Home page or our Services page for a complete list. Please inquire about any language not currently on our list, as we are adding more every day. ATS also hopes to soon be providing phone and video interpreting as well.
- What do I need to know about my needs when I contact ATS? Accessible Translations is more than happy to help clients in determining the best service to fit your language needs. If you are requesting document translation, a copy of the source document will be needed to provide your free quote. You may email or fax us your document in order to make the process easier for you. Please let us know the languages with which you'll be working and the time line you expect. If you are a new client or wish to request information about a project, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out your information on our Request a Quote page. We may request more information upon accepting your project or appointment.
- What information does ATS consider in the process of giving me a free quote? For each project ATS handles, several factors are considered. First, the service being requested determines the way your project is handled. For document translation, a legal document is handled differently than a technical operating manual. Also, interpreting for a surgery is handled differently than interpreting for a legal deposition. ATS will offer you the most competitive rates possible while considering project type, turn-around time, languages involved, and length/duration of the project. Feel free to request a free quote today!
- How can ATS help me or my team to communicate with clients, patients, and colleagues besides through translation or interpretation? ATS also provides Language Instruction for Special Purposes in a variety of settings in order to assist you in communications with individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEPs). Although many situations require the expertise of a qualified interpreter, many of us use the same procedures in making initial contact with clients, patients and colleagues. ATS can provide personalized language instruction to deal with the settings and situations in which you work on a daily basis. Contact us today to learn about our packages!